Monday, November 22, 2010

Response to Alex's Kool Aid Blog

I decided to watch Alex's posted demonstration evaluation video of a girl named Lori who presents a speech on how to make Kool Aid. After watching her speech, I learned a lot. She had a catchy introduction, she was intriguing throughout the entire speech, and had a great conclusion. I completely agree with Alex on all of her points.

Lori started her speech off with confidence and a catchy introduction on how she had finally found a perfect recipe. Also, Lori was extremely upbeat, loud, firm, and confident throughout her entire speech. It was no contest to stay interested in Lori's speech and was actually very entertaining to watch. Her conclusion was great, hitting all the main points and reiterating what she wanted to get through to the audience. It was short and to the point. Overall, I definitely gained some points worth remembering from Lori that will help with my next speech.

I also agree with Alex's point that Lori could maybe slow down and let her points sink in with the audience. I strongly believe that sometimes slowing down is effective and causes the audience to pay attention. It may even add a little drama to your speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment